A wedding celebration is mostly about food. The reception menu gets all the attention, but food consumed prior to the wedding is just as important. We’re talking about the food you and your bridal party nibble as you coif, decorate and anticipate the big event just a few hours away.
While ensuring that the floral decorations are perfect and that everyone’s dress or tux fits, food is probably the last thing you’re thinking about. But proper food consumption on your wedding day will keep everyone in the bridal party energized and happy. Here are ideas for properly feeding the bridal party and family members on your special day:
- Breakfast is vital, especially when you are rushed, stressed and on a tight schedule. Give everyone a healthy breakfast and you’ll jump start the day.
- Prior to an afternoon or evening wedding, ensure that munchies are available. Lay out a buffet with both carbohydrates and protein. Suggested offerings include vegetables, cheeses and fruits, and chose a selection of meaty sandwiches, hot casseroles and salads with chicken or shrimp.
- Make healthy beverages available at all times so everyone can rehydrate and refresh while preparations are under way. Champagne is great, but save alcohol for the reception. During the day, consume lots of water even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Skip all fried foods and salty snacks that could cause to water retention.
- Avoid any food or drink that might stain skin or clothing.
Don’t add to your own work schedule. Make it easy on yourself by calling on a food truck to make, manage and serve your pre-wedding foods. A food truck can bring its mobile bistro or salad on wheels directly to you and arrange for chairs, tables, flowers and servers, if necessary. You can have the food truck deliver platters of delicious food and come back later to collect the dishes.
Great food has always been a part of special occasions, and marvelous munchies from your favorite food truck will make your wedding day flow smoother. Our fleet of gourmet food trucks includes The Hungry Nomad (877-NOMAD-10), Hang 10 Tacos (855-5-Hang-10) and Greenz on Wheelz (855-6Greenz). Each is staffed with experienced foodservice professionals who have helped many time-crunched brides launch their married lives.
When you need sandwich or salads on wheels or elaborate foods for your wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, bachelor party, bachelorette festivities, bridal shower, event at the bride’s home or bridesmaids’ luncheon, think of us. It would be our pleasure to serve you.