Food truck catering in Los Angeles has a warm history, with generations of families enjoying eating out on the streets, enjoying good food and chatting with friends old and new. Restaurants are not accessible to all people, especially with some of the menu prices in the better parts of LA, so food trucks can bring people together at an affordable cost.
Spring and summer are ideal times to throw a neighborhood block party. Block parties help you to know your neighbors better, boost community spirit and have a good time. Block party planning is a snap if you follow these simple steps:
- Establish a committee of neighbors to share in the various party planning tasks based on committee members’ interests and skills. One committee member should serve as treasurer, keeping an accurate account of funds spent and the balance left over.
- The committee sets the time, date and length of the party. Pick a day when most people will be off work. Limit the actual event to four hours or less.
- Find a convenient and safe place for the party. A cul-de-sac or a neighborhood park is usually ideal, but you can actually hold your party in the street if you get formal approval from your municipal government. Contact city hall to determine how you can close off each end of a city block. Special permits may be required.
- If you have a list of neighbors and their email addresses, you’re ahead of the game already. If not, volunteers can go door-to-door inviting people and passing out a simple printed invitation that includes names and phone numbers of committee members. Try to get an R.S.V.P. from every household.
- Forget toting pot luck dishes to the block party. For a modern take on the old-fashioned block party, invite food trucks to cater the event. Food truck caterers will drive up in their kitchens-on-wheels, prepare fresh dishes on site and serve them hot and fresh. Whether you want tacos and carne asada or a sit-down dinner of wraps, soups and salads, a gourmet food truck offers delicious food at a reasonable price. Plus, food truck operators can arrange for any rentals you may need, such as tables, chairs, lights or dishes.
- Some neighbors may prefer to stay home on block party day. No problem. Be courteous by not blocking driveways, and turn off lights and music by 9 p.m.
To hire some of the best food trucks in LA and Orange County, call on Hang 10 Tacos, Greenz on Wheelz and The Hungry Nomad. Hang 10.
Hang 10 Tacos is a big blue taco truck that caters events throughout Southern California. Call 855-5-Hang-10 to discuss your block party plans.
Greenz on Wheelz produces the best sandwiches and wraps and the freshest salads on wheels. But team members will prepare any menu. Call Greenz on Wheelz at855-6Greenz.
The Hungry Nomad creates mouth-watering sandwiches and wraps at catered events throughout Orange County. The staff caters large and small events and will cheerfully customize a unique menu just for your block party. Call The Hungry Nomad at877-NOMAD-10.
Next time you are looking for catering service have a think outside of the box and bring a new lease of life to your event with food truck catering in Los Angeles.